Creating a CSR on a Windows 2016 server
- In the Windows Start menu, type Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and open it.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, in the Connections menu tree (left pane), locate and click the server name.
- On the server name home page (middle pane), in the IIS section, double-click Server Certificates.
- On the Server Certificates page (middle pane), on the Actions menu (right pane), click the Create Certificate Request link
- In the Request Certificate wizard, on the Distinguished Name Properties page, provide the following information and then click Next:
Type the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) (eg www.example.com).
Type in the legally registered name of your company (eg YourCompany, Inc.).
The name of your department within the organization. Often this entry will be listed as "IT", "Web Security"
or is simply left blank.
City / Locality:
Type the city where your company has its registered office.
State / Province:
Type the state / province in which your company is legally located.
In the drop-down list, select the country where your company is headquartered.
- On the Cryptographic Service Provider Properties page, provide the information below, and then click Next.
From the drop-down list, select Microsoft RSA SChannel Cryptographic Provider, Service Provider
Unless you have a specific cryptographic provider.
In the drop-down list, select 2048, unless you have a specific reason
for opting for a longer bit length.
- On the File Name page, under Specify a file name for the certificate request, click the… box to navigate to a location where you want to save the CSR.
Note: Remember the name of the file you choose and the location where you save your csr.txt file. If you simply enter a filename without navigating to a location, your CSR will end up in C: \ Windows \ System32.
- When finished, click Finish.
- Use a text editor (such as Notepad) to open the file. Then, copy the text, including the ----- BEGIN NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST ----- and ----- END NEW CERTIFICATE REQUEST ----- tags and use it in the Utixo control panel.